Once the prospect trusts us enough to share information, we need to do our fact finding or discovery.
Key elements in this module include:
- The bookend procedure for deeper bonding
- Basic questions – including company culture, specific needs, and competition
- Who is involved in making the decision
- How proper questioning helps transform the salesperson into a consultant
- The significance of the prospect’s needs
- Their “must haves” – the closing conditions
- What it would mean to achieve their preferred solution
- Determining if our capabilities are competitive, is there a “blue ocean”, uncontested solution?
- How does the prospect make a decision and deal with chang
- What risks does the prospect see in change
For a 1 minute overview of the standard sales call, including fact finding, please click below.