Salespeople fail when we don’t help them manage the unpredictability of true selling.
We see this unpredictability in the five contexts of true selling:
1. New customer
2. New division/department of existing customer
3. Upselling/cross-selling the customer who cherry-picks our offering
4. Increasing our share of business, when split with a competitor
5. Raising or defending price
In these contexts, salespeople encounter three major objections that cause unpredictability:
1. I’m good.
2. Your price is too high.
3. Radio silence (ignoring us)
These five contexts and three objections generate unpredictability.
To read the rest of the article on Forbes.com, please visit this link.